Friday, December 16, 2005

I am officially the biggest dork I know

Yes, really. I received an email today from someone at my church saying that "college and young adult people" would be watching a football game at the church (our home-town college is at some super-championship thing). Now, going somewhere where I don't know anyone to watch a football game (I don't like football) terrifies me, but I thought it would be good to make some friends and pretend to be social. I even made some guacamole to bring (which I admit was kind of a security blanket...holding guacamole makes me feel secure, yes I have problems). So I get there, set down my guacamole and have a set. After 15 minutes it becomes clear that everyone is either in junior high, high school or early college. There are a few older people there, but everyone is watching the game. So whatever prospect of meeting people seemed somewhat hopeless at that point. And so I leave! I know, I shouldn't have left, that was stupid of me, but I got scared and didn't know what else to do. A complication: my guacamole was in one of my housemate's bowls, but I couldn't take my food (that I just brought) with me, so I left it there, went to Wal-Mart and bought a new bowl. Yes, that is why I am the biggest dork I know.

2 comments:

Jo said...

ha! friend that does not make you a dork. there are much worse things. in fact, i say you get points for the attempt, regardless of the result/effect!

Anonymous said...

haha, rakesh and i watched that game! you should of watched it with us julia. we could have taught you all about football:)